Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The King Under The Mountain

     Here's one more Hobbit character before my Lord of the Rings enthusiasm temporarily fizzles out for a while. This take on Thorin Oakenshield unintentionally ended up looking a little bit like Tommy Chong. After thinking about it for a little bit, I realized... there is nothing about any of that that I do not like.


     I'm by no means a big Tolkien fan, so maybe someone can clarify for me. In the films, at least, Bilbo's sword is the only one that glows blue, even though Thorin's and Gandalf's were also made by the elves. Why is that? I think it'd look pretty cool if there were a whole army with glowing blue swords?!? Oooh! And what if the villains' swords glowed red?!? AND the whole thing took place IN OUTER SPACE?!? Now that's a film I'd like to see!

No comments: